At Carlyle, our main objective is to get our customer's belongings to their new residence as safely and securely as possible. When something goes wrong, we want to know about it and make it right. Our Claims Department is made up of highly knowledgeable staff members who will walk you through the steps of filing a claim with our company. In order to make the process easier and more efficient for you, listed below are the steps you will take, and useful information you can use, in filing your claim.
Notice of Loss and Damage:
- If your shipment was a DP3 shipment, you will need to file a DD Form 1850 Personal Property Program claim. For all other shipments, you are required to note all loss or damage on the DD Form 1840 (Notice of Loss or Damage at Delivery) or the DD Form 1840R (Notice of Loss or Damage after Delivery).
- Submit these forms to your Transportation Service Provider within 75 days of delivery date.
- You can file a claim before 2 years and after 9 months from the delivery date; however, you will only be eligible for the depreciated value of your items.
Carlyle’s Claim Decision:
- Carlyle will pay, decline, or make a firm settlement offer to you within 60 days of receipt of your claim.
- If your claim is not completely settled after 30 days, you may transfer your claim to a military claims office (MCO).
Proof of Value:
- All claims in excess of $100.00, including missing items, must be substantiated with a receipt of proof of value.
- Proof of value can be obtained from the Internet or a catalog and must be a like item.
- You will also need to provide photos of all damaged items along with your claim form.
- Make copies of all of your claim forms and any supporting documentation for your records.
- CLAIM FORMS NOT FILLED OUT COMPLETELY OR SUBMITTED WITHOUT REQUIRED SUPPORTING DOCUMENTATION WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED SUBMITTED AND WILL NOT BE PROCESSED.
- For the full letter containing regulations, "Statement of Claim" form, and DD Form 1844 (List of Property and Claims Analysis), click www.move.mil .